I’m sure you’ve given high praises about your mama whenever someone asks about her. You try your best to string words together that you feel best describe her. Sentences like “she’s my everything”, “she’s the best mom in the world” and “my mom’s cooking is the best!” are always repeated. Well, this holds true for my mother and I.
I could go on and on about the amazing women she is. How she’s literally shed blood, sweat and tears. Ensuring that her three children were protected, fed and clothed. Raising three children in a country that was foreign to her and learning English was extremely difficult. But she did it. She was alone for the most part, but somehow, at the end of everyday she had a smile on her face, appreciating everything we had.
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
I often, write about my mom on my blog. She’s one of the reason why I continue to work so hard. She’s taught me to love, stay humble, and to be kind. Given me strength, when I’ve been weak. Most importantly, she’s been my solid foundation on this crazy ride we call life.
Whenever I get the chance to show my mom any appreciation in the form of food, experience or act of service, I do just that. She’s a women of little expectation, so surprising her isn’t that tough. Recently, we gathered at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar for an evening of food, drinks (non-alcoholic) and laughter.
Her love and appreciation for a warm delicious meal really comes from a hard place. We struggled. Food banks, soup kitchens and churches were frequently visited but no matter what, she made sure her children ate. You can imagine her delight when I told her where we were going for dinner.
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar staff immediately made us feel welcomed, had an array of flower bouquets to decorate our tables and were extremely attentive. They made trekking to downtown Vancouver (during rush hour) worth it.
This Mothers Day, instead of gathering your family at your moms place for dinner. Take her somewhere special. A place I know she will love, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Spoiling your mom with a home cooked meal, that isn’t cooked inside her house. Now that’s genius. Not only will she love the fact that she doesn’t have to slave over the stove, entertain or do the dishes, she can also enjoy a great evening.
Mom, if you’re reading this,
Here’s 45 Reasons Why I’m Loving You This Mothers Day
- First and foremost, your strength
- You have great work ethic
- High Pitched Laugh – enough said
- You’re my biggest fan
- Your ability to make a situation less stressful
- Forward Thinker
- Always have my back no matter what!
- The zest for life you have is admiral
- You cook the BEST food ever
- You’re constantly thinking of others and how you can help
- Constantly worrying about my well being
- The love for all five of your grandchildren is equal
- You’re always willing to try something at least once
- You never forget to send daily texts of encouragement
- I can call you at 2am and you will answer
- You laugh at all my jokes
- When you pack my lunch without being asked
- You can sense when I need a pep talk
- You let me store my things in your basement
- When you have a snack waiting for me at exactly 4:45pm because you know that’s when I’ll be at your house
- Always bailing me out of sticky situations
- You agree to come with me to places when you would much rather not
- The values you have taught me, have brought me a long way
- When you scold Jayden and Abel in front of me – it reminds me of my childhood 😛
- You let me blast R&B music in your car
- I can count on you to be on time
- You appreciate the little things
- You’re always willing to be my emergency contact for Jayden’s school
- Patience is a virtue, and you have plenty of it
- You let me cuddle up to you and pretend that I’m a baby
- When you stroke my hair and tell me everything will be ok
- When I make you say I’m your favourite, you do, because you know it will make the other two jealous
- Signing packages for me because you know I’m at work all day
- You did my laundry when I didn’t have a dryer or washer at home
- Constantly reminding me to stay humble
- Did I say that you cook the BEST food already ?
- Driving me to the bus stop in the morning because you know I get lazy
- I can call you at 7:50am and ask for a sandwich and you have it ready by 8:00am at the door cause you know I’m starving
- You still have my Grade 8 and 9 high school planners
- You’re the definition of the greatest mom
- When you let me borrow your car even though you need it
- You say I’m skinny but you know I’m really not
- You always tell me I’m beautiful
- You let me be me
- You’re the Bomb Diggity!