It’s here, it’s here, the day has finally come! The day I’ve been itching for since we found out that we were expecting baby #3.
As a #Playtexmom, I know that motherhood can be spontaneous, surprising and an overall a learning curve! When you think you have everything figured out, your toddler decides to throw a wrench in your plans and all you can do is go with the flow. So, of course, I thought I would share some random thoughts during Day 1 of my maternity leave. Why not laugh a little!
Day 1 of Maternity Leave
It’s been three years since my maternity leave with Abel and the first day was quite opposite from this one. Perhaps it was because I had a seven-year-old who was in school all day and didn’t need me to change his diapers. Heck, he even helped me with laundry towards the end.
However, when you’re a mom of two, one that’s a two and a half-year-old toddler who hangs onto you like a monkey, then you better believe maternity leave is going to be different. Motherhood isn’t all sunshine and rainbows so let’s pray #ForBetterBeginnings as I adjust to being a mom of three. Which I hope is soon!
Fast Forward to Monday
8 months ago, I definitely pictured myself waking up Monday morning, feeling refreshed and without a care in the world. Boy, was I wrong!
In fact, I woke up feeling quite the opposite. I’ve been avoiding emails for the duration of the week because I wanted to spend some quality time with Miguel, especially since we didn’t have children for a couple of nights.
But reality slowly started seeping in when I pulled up my emails. Although I had none from my corporate job, I did have over 50 emails from my side hustle. Which many of you know as “Raising Jay & Abel”.
Insert horrified face here
Well, I didn’t expect THAT many unread emails. I was terrified when I slowly realized that “maternity leave” really didn’t mean rest!
In fact, it might even mean more work. Am I right?
Here are some random thoughts I had on Day 1 of my Maternity leave.
- This is so awesome! I don’t have to go to work!
- Oh wait, I have to make sure Jayden makes it to camp safely – What time does he leave again?
- Abel, what time is he coming home?
- I’m hungry.
- I’m not picking that up off the floor.
- I should probably take a shower.
- Ok, shower and then pack your stuff.
- Alright, shower complete, but I hear a little voice.
- Oh, Abel’s home.
- Damn it, I wanted to respond to a few emails before he showed up.
- I should I have set an alarm.
- Why is it SO busy downtown right now?
- Right, other people still have to work, it’s Monday!
- I was hoping to take a nap but that’s not going to happen.
- Why didn’t I ask someone to help me today!?
- Argh, my back and feet are killing me.
- Can this baby come out now?
- How many weeks am I?
- I don’t want to do this.
- Can we just fast forward a couple months?
- SLEEP, oh my god, I’m not going to have any.
- Why, why, why, why?
- I need to clean this house!
- Can’t I just hire someone?
- Abel, stop running around like a maniac.
- OK, ok, calm down. It’s not THAT bad.
- Wait, it is, it is!
- It’s really not, get a grip.
- I still have to answer my emails 🙁
- What time is it?
- Can I eat dinner yet?
- Wait, who’s cooking dinner?
- I’m not cooking dinner.
- Feed me and tell me I’m pretty.
- The day is almost over.
- Alright, bath time.
- Abel, stop running away from me!
- Get over here.
- One hour until he passes out.
- Time to open the laptop.
- He’s almost out.
- Yay! he’s sleeping, I made it. Thank you Jesus!!
I know, I know, I have it rough. It’s all about the mental state of mind. I want to start waking up feeling happy about the new day.
Being a #Playtexmom, I want to encourage all of you to do the same! Let me know if you’ve ever had any of these thoughts cross your mind in the comments below 🙂